You’ve suffered in silence for so long. Finally, you decided to make a change. For mental health and substance abuse treatment, residential treatment programs such as Wings Recovery are the best options. Here’s what you need to know.
Around-the-Clock Support and Safety
Residential treatment programs provide safety for clients. Maybe you need to escape from a bad situation. Similarly, they offer to put distance between you and those who don’t support your desire to heal. Moreover, you enjoy the support of therapists and specialists.
You live with peers who’re also in recovery. Wings Recovery is home to women who’ve chosen to break out of the ruts of mental illness and chemical dependencies. Peers cheer you on as you progress through the curriculum. By offering the residential treatment programs San Diego, CA trusts, vibrant peer interactivity is part and parcel of the experience.
Examples of Residential Treatment Programs
Immerse yourself in the therapeutic atmosphere of residential mental health treatment programs. Specialists customize a care protocol that meets your needs. Possible modalities include:
- One-on-one talk therapy that assists with goal-setting and overall psychiatric healing
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, which is an evidence-based approach for coping skills development
- Dialectical behavior treatment as a tool for gaining control over emotions that overpower rational thinking
- Individual therapy program, which adapts to your unique needs
- Group therapy program for peer encouragement and learning
Another set of residential treatment programs focuses on long-term recovery from substance abuse. Frequently, mood disorders and addictions go hand-in-hand. Therefore, it’s vital to receive treatment for both at the same time. Residential substance abuse treatment programs might include:
- Dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders and assistance with managing them effectively
- Trauma treatment, which benefits women who underwent life-changing events they still need to process
- Medication-assisted treatment that curbs intense cravings and helps you focus on healing
- Behavioral counseling to focus on building up life, social, and coping skills
- Relapse prevention training within a group for peer accountability
Wings Recovery operates the residential treatment programs San Diego, CA can trust for recovery. Besides that, you have the advantage of undergoing both mental health and addiction care concurrently.
Experiential and Holistic Care Approaches
In addition to evidence-based residential treatment programs, there are also holistic care options. They augment the other therapies you undergo. Often, they build on the curriculum of the other treatments you’re experiencing. In this way, they present with clear relevance for healing.
For example, meditation offers an introduction to breathing techniques for relaxation. They support residential mental health treatment programs that focus on stress management. Another holistic care choice is mindfulness training. It takes your breathing techniques and adds visualization.
By the way, this understanding also assists with the residential substance abuse treatment programs you might be undergoing. Therefore, you have the opportunity to deepen your practice of the lessons you learn with holistic therapies. Many women appreciate the opportunity to practice yoga, which ties both of these together.
Experiential treatments include creative arts and equine therapy. These modalities provide you with opportunities for introspection. Most importantly, they encourage you to take advantage of new ways of self-expression. Similarly, they help you feel more self-confident and build self-esteem.
There’s also vocational skill-building. You learn how to write a resume and interview for a job. It’s a great way of focusing on self-reliance for the future.
How to Participate in Wings Recovery’s Residential Treatment Programs
You don’t have to suffer in silence any longer. It’s time to practice self-care and make lasting changes in your life. When you opt for a residential treatment program, you get the help you need to heal in a supportive environment. Contact Wings Recovery at 760.793.8063 to talk to an intake specialist.